Friday 4 November 2011

Cold Fingers, Warm Heart

All I am hearing about this year is Fingerless gloves. Whispers are all over Ravelry about fingerless mitts, whether they are useful or not, and whether we will wear them or they will be well recieved in stockings this christmas. Now I was a fingerless sceptic originally, my fingers are always cold, and surely they can't keep your hands warm right?
Well actually they are some of the cosiest things going, I can still type and use a till at work, I can still work the touchscreen on my phone and Ipod and of course, I can still knit. So I am a convert.
There are plenty of patterns out there for fingerless mitts. Ravelry of course is a perfect start, and here are a few of my favourite patterns.

Firstly, I have just finished my pair of Fable Fingerless Mitts. They were originally knit in soft cotton, but I have been gifted some lovely single skeins of Pure Silk, which is the softest thing that has ever existed!! For this pattern, I used a lovely Olivey green/grey colour for this season, as the colour will hopefully go with all my wintery outfits

They are plain at the moment as I have yet to add the wrist section and buttons. I have a lot of vintage mother of pearl buttons in my stash so they will hopefully be perfect for this pair of gloves.

Another pair of fingerless mitts I love is the Argentate Gloves, which have a lovely eyelet pattern. Please dont be put off if you havent done eyelets before. This type of project is perfect for trying out your lace on a small one skein project.

For a beautiful, delicate pair of fingerless gloves, I can wholly recommend Whisper. These are made with 4ply and are just beautiful. Perfect for dressing up a bit in the evening, but you still want a bit of warmth.

I also cannot resist Ysolda Teague patterns and her opera gloves are no exception. I have knit these in Black with Pink Ribbon and they are brilliant for dress up. I love them!! This picture comes from Ysolda's site because I dont have picturs of mine, but I love Teal anyway so they look brilliant!


And what is the point in blogging about fingerless gloves if you can't shamelessly plug your own fingerless mitt pattern. These Monty Mitts were designed for my little sister, and coloured for their Cat, Monty. This year she might have to have Fletcher Fingerless' for their little Pug Dog Fletcher.


Keep your hands warm this winter, and sleigh safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment