Friday 28 October 2011

Mystery KAL by a new Auntie!!

I am an Auntie!!! On the 25th October, my little nephew, Charlie, was born. He weighed a very little 3lbs 1oz and is currently battling an infection, but fighting his way through so we can hope he will get over this hurdle and be healthy and happy for many long years.

I was knitting for him way before we even knew he was a him, and one of those things was the mystery KAL in the toy lovers group over on Ravelry. This was a fabulous KAL (knit-a-long) run by Julie at The Byrds Nest and she very generously offered one of her amazing patterns for the group to knit. This was my first KAL and I was worried I would not be able to complete it, or Id forget!!! But luckily, this pattern was so good, I couldnt resist. It was originally knit in the round but I converted it as I went to create.....

This Rabbit is now going to be a present for my nephew when he comes out of hospital, as at the moment it is probably twice his size!!! So if you have learnt anything from this post, it is to go and check out the Byrds Nest (if only for Mango the Giraffe who is completely irresistable!!!) and to give a KAL a go- they are great fun and the mystery made me let go of rules and follow someone elses for a change!

1 comment:

  1. This is fantastic... Hope your little Nephew gets better soon!
    How did you manage converting the pattern? I'm useless at working in the round! x

    ReplyDelete