Tuesday 29 October 2013

What I have been knitting

Hello All!! Greetings from the land of dribble and cbeebies. There has been a little knitting thrown in for good measure (or should I say my sanity!!) As you can imagine, in my blog break, I knit a lot of things that I haven't shared with you all. So I thought you would like to see some of my projects and some knitting notes too if you fancy having a go yourselves.

I have been making a few toys recently. Having a little girl now makes me want to knit dolls for her, and lots of lovely things, so that is pretty much what I have been up to, and I will be showing more of my projects over the next few days. I am going to start with my Cinderella Topsy-Turvy Doll, pattern by Jean Greenhowe. As soon as I saw this pattern, and some of the projects others had knit, I knew that I wanted to knit it, and I really didn't have any excuse when I found out about Little Bear


So here is Cinderella, in her glory with her fan and pretty dress. I used James C Brett Twinkle for the white, as I wanted it to have more of a sparkle for her princess dress. I also used a sparkly pink (whose name escapes me, I'll check and get back to you) Robin DK in blue, and Stylecraft Life for the green on the flowers and the yellow for the hair. Here is Cinders, who appears when you lift the skirt of Cinderella over her head.


This was made with oddments of mostly Stylecraft Life DK and Robin DK, things that I have floating around. I am determined to stash bust, and use colours that might not be exactly right, but I have to save buying a full ball for just a few rows.

I love this pattern, always have, and now I love the finished article too. I now have to wait until she is big enough to play with it rather than eat it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment