Sunday 14 August 2011

Hats Off!!

Its not exactly summery here, there is a bit of blue sky lurking, and frankly we are all just pleased it is not raining. So instead of thinking about the beach bags and soft cotton I should be knitting with during the summer months, I am in fact looking forward to and knitting the wonderful warm chunky knits of winter. My favourite thing about winter is being able to grab my scarf bag from the cupboard and accessorise in a variety of lovely big bulky scarves in every colour under my black coat. This year, Ive decided, although easy and lovely to knit, I have so many, and can only give so many as presents. So its time to make hats. There are other great patterns available of course for winter, fingerless gloves being last years christmas present staple, but hats are calling to me this year.

I have a brand new short haircut for the summer, which I think I will keep for winter, so I have chosen berets. Ive just knit a fab one by Hannah, over at White Girl Knits, called Leeannes Eyelet Beret although mine is knit in King Jarol white cotton, so I can wear it here in the chillier autumn. The picture below is from Hannah's website, my picture will follow up when I wear it.

There are so many fab patterns for berets this year, from chunky berets in cable to slouchy eyelet ones like the one above, which is warm and soft. Ill keep you all posted on how christmas and my winter wardrobe knits up!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment