Sunday 8 May 2011

First Sewing Projects

So its a busy week for me, my mum is getting married on Friday in the South of France, and as you may have gathered, we live in the south of England. Mum went last wednesday and the Blatman and I travel with my grandparents this wednesday. So not only do we have to deal with Ryanair baggage limits, and that wonderful sun, ive decided to do more things than I know what to do with. Last night and Today it has been sewing. So ive made myself a skirt and the Blatman a wallet for our travels. Here are the pics and links for what I can link to!

Here is the skirt. It is made from the book How to Sew a Metre, and it is a great book, with lots of different patterns, and all the paper cutouts which is so fab and Im all ready for the sun. It was made from stash that my mum bought when she was 16 for a skirt, and I now have the remnants of it to make my own skirt. It is covered in little pink flowers and so perfect for my summery skirt.



This is a great wallet tutorial that I found, and Ive made it for the Blatman for the holiday in some fabric from the stash. Here is the fab tutorial from Noodlehead http://www.noodle-head.com/2011/03/celebrate-boy-tutorial-basic-boys.html Mine is done in a turquoise cotton and black coated cotton for the outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment